Monday, December 14, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Friday, October 09, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
A team comprising of a writer, a producer, a director, etc applied to the Government of India with a script to produce a movie on Mahabarat.
All of them committed suicide later and the reason is very obvious.
They received a letter from Government, The letter is
The Writer, Film Director & Film Producer,
Ref: Film story submitted by you, regarding financing of films byGovernment of India, Your letter dt. ............ ......... .
The undersigned is directed to refer the above letter and state that the Government has examined your proposal for financing a film called ''Mahabharat' . The Very High Level Committee constituted for this purpose has been in consultation with the Human Rights Commission, National Commission for Women and Labour Commission, in addition to various Ministries and State Governments and have formed definitive opinions about the script. Their observations are as below:
1. In the script submitted by you it is shown that there were two sets of cousins, namely, the Kauravas, numbering one hundred, and the Pandavas, numbering five. The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has pointed out that these numbers are high, well above the norm prescribed for families by them. It is brought to your kind attention that when the Government is spending huge amounts for promoting family planning, this will send wrong signals to the public. Therefore, it is recommended that there may be only three Kauravas and one Pandava.
2. The Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs has raised an issue whether it is suitable to depict kings and emperors in this democratic age. Therefore, it is suggested that the Kauravas may be depicted as Honourable Members of Parliament (Lok Sabha) and the Pandava may be depicted as Honourable Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha). The ending of the film shows the victory of the said Pandavas over the said Kauravas. The ending may be suitably modified so that neither of the Honourable Members of Parliament are shown as being inferior to the
3. The Ministry of Science and Technology has observed that the manner of birth of Kauravas is suggestive of human cloning, a technology banned in India. This may be changed to normal birth.
4. The National Commission for Women has objected that the father of Pandavas, one Sri Pandu, is depicted as bigamous, and also there is only one wife for the Pandavas in common. Therefore suitable changes may be made in the said script so that the said Sri Pandu is not depicted as bigamous. However, with the reduction in number of Pandavas as suggested above, the issue of polyandry can be addressed without further trouble.
5. The Commission for the Physically Challenged has observed that the portrayal of the visually impaired character 'Dhritharastra' is derogatory. Therefore the said character may not be shown as visually impaired.
6. The Department of Women and Child Development have highlighted that the public disrobing of one female character called 'Draupadi' is objectionable and derogatory to women in general. Further the Home Ministry anticipates that depiction of such scenes may create law and order problem and at the same time invite strong protests from the different women forums. Such scenes may also invite penal action under SITA (Suppression of Immoral Traffic Act), therefore they may be avoided and deleted from the film.
7. It is felt that showing the Pandava and the Kauravas as gamblers will be anti-social and counter productive as it might encourage gambling. Therefore, the said Pandava and Kauravas may be shown to have engaged in horse racing. (Hon. Supreme Court has held horse racing not to be gambling)
8. The Pandavas are shown as working in the King Virat's employment without receiving any salary. According to the Human Rights Commission, this amounts to bonded labour and may attract provisions of The Bonded Labour System (Abolition) Act, 1976. This may be corrected at once.
9. In the ensuing war, one character by name Sri Abhimanyu has been shown as fighting. The National Labour Commission has observed that, war being a hazardous industry, and the said character being 16 years old, this depiction will be construed as a case of child labour. Also there is no record of his being paid any compensation. This may also be deemed to be violatory of the provisions of The Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986 and Minimum Wages Act, 1948. Such references in the film may be removed.
10. The character 'Sri Krishna' has been depicted as wearing a peacock feather. The peacock is our National Bird and wearing dresses made from peacock feather is an offence under the Wild Life Protection Act, 1972. This may not be depicted
11. Smt Maneka Gandhi has raised very serious objection for using any elephants or horses in war scenes, since there is every scope for mistreatment and injury to the said animals. The provisions of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1890 and Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Amendment) Act, 1960 would be applicable in the instant case. Suitable changes may be made in the script to address the objections raised.
12. In pursuance of the Memorandum of Ministry of Finance regarding austerity measures, it is informed that in the battle field sequences, only ten soldiers may be allowed for each side. Also, all the characters may be shown to have obtained a valid licence under the Arms Act, 1959 as well as the Indian Arms Act, 1878.
You are therefore requested to modify the script along the lines indicated above and resubmit it to the undersigned at the earliest for reconsideration.
Sd/- Under Secretary
Friday, August 28, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|Jeff Goldblum Will Be Missed|
Monday, August 10, 2009
Stress eats up your time and energy. It is must to you outcome of the stressed situation and concentrate on the healthy living. Here are some DO’s and Don’ts to avoid the stressful life.
1. Prepare for the morning the night before to avoid last minute confusion
2. Wake up 15 minutes earlier
3. Avoid relying on chemical aids
4. Avoid tight fitting clothes
5. Don't rely on your memory (even if it is strong) ... write it down
6. Set appointments well in advance
7. Make duplicate keys to make sure you do not need to stand outside waiting for the mechanic to break the lock.
8. Practice preventive maintenance
9. Set priorities in your life
10. Say "no" more often instead of getting failed
11. Avoid negative people
12. Use time wisely, it once gone, never comes back at any cost
13. Always make copies of important documents
14. Simplify meal times
15. Anticipate your needs
16. Repair anything that doesn't work properly
17. Break large tasks into bite size portions
18. Ask for help with the jobs you dislike
19. Look at problems as challenges and accept it with brave heart
20. Look at challenges differently
21. Unclutter your life
22. Smile, smile and smile
23. Be prepared for rain
24. Tickle a baby
25. No need to know all the answers
26. Pet a friendly dog/cat
27. Look for a silver lining
28. Say something nice to someone and listen back
29. Walk in the rain
30. Teach a kid to fly a kite
31. Schedule play time into every day
32. Take a bubble bath
33. Be aware of the decisions you make
34. Stop saying negative things to yourself
35. Believe in yourself - It's a must
36. Visualize yourself winning
37. Develop your sense of humor
38. Stop thinking tomorrow will be a better today
39. Have goals for yourself
40. Dance a jig
41. Say "hello" to a stranger
42. Ask a friend for a hug (Not at the time of swine flue)
43. Read a poem
44. Practice breathing slowly, it really works
45. Learn to whistle a tune
46. Look up at the stars
47. Listen to a symphony
48. Buy yourself a flower
49. Read a story curled up in bed
50. Do a brand new thing
51. Stop a bad habit
52. Watch a ballet
53. Put safety first
54. Find support from others
55. Ask someone to be your "vent-partner"
56. Do it today
57. Work at being cheerful and optimistic
58. Take time to smell the flowers
59. Do everything in moderation
60. Pay attention to your appearance
61. Strive for Excellence NOT perfection
62. Stretch your limits a little each day
63. Look at a work of art
64. Hum a jingle
65. Maintain your weight
66. Plant a tree
67. Feed the birds
68. Practice grace under pressure
69. Stand up and stretch
70. Always have a plan "B"
71. Learn a new doodle
72. Memorize a joke and say it to others at an appropriate time
73. Be responsible for your feelings
74. Learn to meet your own needs
75. Become a better listener
76. Know your limitations and let others know them too
77. Tell someone to have a good day in other language
78. Throw a paper airplane
79. Exercise every day
80. Take a different route to work, it is one of the saftey measures too
81. Get to work early
82. Clean out one closet
83. Play patty cake with a toddler
84. Go on a picnic and make sure you have kept all your worries at bay while in picnic
85. Learn the words to a new song
86. Leave work early (with permission - and only if the point no. 81 is fulfilled)
87. Put air freshener in your car
88.. Watch a movie and eat popcorn
89. Write a note to a far away friend
90. Go to a ball game and scream
91. Keep a journal
92. Recognize the importance of unconditional love
93. Remember that stress is an attitude
94. Cook a meal and eat it by candlelight
95. Practice a monster smile
96. Freely praise other people
97. Have a support network of people, places and things
98. Quit trying to fix other people
99. Get enough sleep
100. Talk less and listen more
101. Remember you always have options
You did what you knew how to do....
It wasn't right or wrong or good or bad. It just was.
But all you have got is today. You will not get it back.
To change yourself, look at what you fear and what you hate.
Start There. What is over is over.
If someone you love fails to return your love the way you would like it returned,
remember....that is the other person's choice.
It does not at all detract from your love. It could be opposit with that person. He may expecting your love in the other way
Grow what you want to grow in your own garden.
Get your nose out of everybody else's garden.
Get your own house in order, and stop focusing on everybody else's.
Whatever is going on inside of you is up to you.
You own it all. You created it. whether good or bad - It is all yours.
All that you need in order to have total happiness, fulfilment, and love in your life, you already have right now.
Whoever you are. Wherever you are.
You must not attempt to will anything. You need only be willing.
Everything you ever worried about.... turned out exactly as it was meant to;
despite your worries to the contrary.
Each of us has a well of infinite depth within us, which contains more potential for love & bliss than we can ever imagine.
No one can make you anxious.
No one can depress you.
No one can hurt your feelings.
No one can make you feel anything other than what you allow inside.
No one can make you feel inferior
With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself......or treat what has happened as a gift.
Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing.
You get to choose.
When you argue for your limitations, all you get are your limitations.
Friday, August 07, 2009
- Wash your hands prior to putting in each contact, then apply makeup
- Don't expose your eyes to water while wearing contacts
- Take out the lenses before you remove your makeup. Avoid greasy or oily makeup removers as they may build up on the contact lenses
- Avoid getting too close to the eye with any type of makeup
- Use makeup that is hypoallergenic to avoid sensitivity. Use only well known trusted brand names
- Use water soluble makeup
- Don't use waterproof mascara as it may permanently adhere to the lens. Also avoid mascara that contains volume building fibers
- Avoid eye shadow that is powder. Use only gel, liquid or cream. Never use eye shadow that is frosted or iridescent. These may contain oyster shells or mica.
- Do not use eyeliner that is directly drawn on the rim of the eye. Keep all eyeliner pencils sharp enough so the wood doesn't scratch the surface of the eye
- Use pressed powders
- Don't use hairspray or other aerosols if you have already put in your lenses. Allow all hairspray to settle before walking into a room that has just been sprayed. Many times hair products can irritate the eyes and they are more susceptible now to problems because you wear contacts.
- Keep all nail polish remover and perfumes away from your contacts.
- Never swap makeup application sponges or brushes with your friends and wash your application brushes frequently
- Don't put on make up if your eyes are already red or swollen, this will only irritate them more
- Beware of flaking mascara because pieces of nylon can reach the eye and never purchase mascara refills
- Never use saliva or water to thin cosmetics
- Never swap your contacts with your friends
- Never wear the contacts if they become cracked, chipped or torn
- You may want to use an eye wash to remove any excess oils from makeup residual? Replace your cosmetics every six months to avoid bacterial growth
- Never apply eye makeup while in a car or worse yet while driving
Thursday, August 06, 2009
Wednesday, August 05, 2009
Recently Indian government introduced nuclear submarine, INS Arihant, to the navy. This received mixed response from the Jain Community. ARIHANT is a sacred word for Jains and Jain religion is based on non-violence.
How can a weapon with the mass destruction capacity can be named as ARIHANT!!! This was the question raised by the part of community opposing naming ARIHANT to the submarine. The opposition was not a unanimous from the whole Jain Community. As others which were not opposing were having a different thought in their mind. They believe India is never known to be an attacker. But for self-defence, we always have to be well prepared and along with the time and technology. We can not just stay straight and watch someone come and destroy us. We need to be well prepared in our defence. And again naming on Arihant, did not mean insulting our religion. Why don’t we take it in another way?
Arihant, symbolic to non-violence. Then doesn’t a weapon named Arihant spread the message of self defence? It means, we will never attack unless and until we have to do it for our own defence. This is a good sign, so why to oppose?
I recently came to know an incident with Gandhiji. Here it is
Once GandhiJi was asked, "You preach non-violence, yet you carry a stick around with you - why so? GhandhiJi said, this stick keeps away the miscreants around me for as they know that this person can defend himself by the stick he carries."
This answer from a person who sticked to non-violence for whole of his life says something. May be an answer to those who are opposing.
I am not against non-violence. Even I am a follower of Ahimsa and Jain religion but opposition to something which has very less significance, does not make sense.
This is a Mail from a frustrated victim of chain mails:
I wanted to thank all my friends and family who have forwarded chain letters to me in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 and continuing it in 2009 also.
Because of your kindness:
* I stopped drinking Coca Cola after I found out that it's good for removing toilet stains.
* I stopped going to the movies for fear of sitting on a needle infected with AIDS.
* I smell like a wet dog since I stopped using deodorants because they cause cancer...
* I don't leave my car in the parking lot or any other place and sometimes. I even have to walk about 7 blocks for fear that someone will drug me with a perfume sample and try to rob me.
* I also stopped answering the phone for fear that they may ask me to dial a stupid number and then I get a phone bill with calls to Uganda, Singapore and Tokyo.
* I also stopped drinking anything out of a can for fear that I will get sick from the rat faeces and urine..
* When I go to parties, I don't look at any girl, no matter how hot she is, for fear that she will take me to a hotel, drug me, then take my kidneys and leave me taking a nap in a bathtub full of ice.
* I also donated all my savings to the Amy Bruce account. A sick girl that was about to die in the hospital about 7,000 times.. (Poor girl! she's been 7 since 1993...)
* Still open to help some from Bulgaria who wants to use my account to transfer his uncle's property of some hundred millions $.
* Made some Hundred wishes before forwarding those Ganesh , Tirupathi Balaji pics etc. Now most of those 'Wishes' are already married (to someone else)
If you do not send this e-mail to at least 11,246 people in the next 10 seconds, a bird will SH** on your head today at 6:10pm
A frustrated victim
Another article I found on net for positive thinking
The way to overcome negative thoughts and destructive emotions is to develop opposing, positive emotions that are stronger and more powerful. - Dalai Lama
Life could be so much better for many people, if they would just spot their negative thinking habits and replace them with positive ones.
Negative thinking, in all its many-splendored forms, has a way of creeping into conversations and our thinking without our noticing them. The key to success, in my humble opinion, is learning to spot these thoughts and squash them like little bugs. Then replace them with positive ones. You’ll notice a huge difference in everything you do.
Lets take a look at 10 common ways that negative thinking emerges” get good at spotting these patterns, and practice replacing them with positive thinking patterns. It has made all the difference in the world for me.
10 Deadly Sins of Negative Thinking
1. I will be happy once I have _____ (or once I earn X).
Problem: If you think you can be happy until you reach a certain point, or until you reach a certain income, or have a certain type of house or car or computer setup, youll never be happy. That elusive goal is always just out of reach. Once we reach those goals, we are not satisfied” we want more.
Solution: Learn to be happy with what you have, where you are, and who you are, right at this moment. Happiness doesn’t have to be some state that we want to get to eventually” it can be found right now. Learn to count your blessings, and see the positive in your situation. This might sound simplistic, but it works.
2. I wish I were as ____ as (a celebrity, friend, co-worker).
Problem: Well never be as pretty, as talented, as rich, as sculpted, as cool, as everyone else. There will always be someone better, if you look hard enough. Therefore, if we compare ourselves to others like this, we will always pale, and will always fail, and will always feel bad about ourselves. This is no way to be happy.
Solution: Stop comparing yourself to others, and look instead at yourself” what are your strengths, your accomplishments, your successes, however small? What do you love about yourself? Learn to love who you are, right now, not who you want to become. There is good in each of us, love in each of us, and a wonderful human spirit in every one of us.
3. Seeing others becoming successful makes me jealous and resentful.
Problem: First, this assumes that only a small number of people can be successful. In truth, many people can be successful in different ways.
Solution: Learn to admire the success of others, and learn from it, and be happy for them, by empathizing with them and understanding what it must be like to be them. And then turn away from them, and look at yourself” you can be successful too, in whatever you choose to do. And even more, you already are successful. Look not at those above you in the social ladder, but those below you” there are always millions of people worse off than you, people who couldn’t even read this article or afford a computer. In that light, you are a huge success.
4. I am a miserable failure” I can seem to do anything right.
Problem: Everyone is a failure, if you look at it in certain ways. Everyone has failed, many times, at different things. I have certainly failed so many times I cannot count them” and I continue to fail, daily. However, looking at your failures as failures only makes you feel bad about yourself. By thinking in this way, we will have a negative self-image and never move on from here.
Solution: See your successes and ignore your failures. Look back on your life, in the last month, or year, or 5 years. And try to remember your successes. If you have trouble with this, start documenting them” keep a success journal, either in a notebook or online. Document your success each day, or each week. When you look back at what youve accomplished, over a year, you will be amazed. It’s an incredibly positive feeling.
5. Im going to beat so-and-so no matter what” Im better than him. And theres no way Ill help him succeed” he might beat me.
Problem: Competitiveness assumes that there is a small amount of gold to be had, and I need to get it before he does. It makes us into greedy, back-stabbing, hurtful people. We try to claw our way over people to get to success, because of our competitive feelings. For example, if a blogger wants to have more subscribers than another blogger, he may never link to or mention that other blogger. However, who is to say that my subscribers can also be yours? People can read and subscribe to more than one blog.
Solution: Learn to see success as something that can be shared, and learn that if we help each other out, we can each have a better chance to be successful. Two people working towards a common goal are better than two people trying to beat each other up to get to that goal. There is more than enough success to go around. Learn to think in terms of abundance rather than scarcity.
6. Dammit! Why do these bad things always happen to me?
Problem: Bad things happen to everybody. If we dwell on them, they will frustrate us and bring us down.
Solution: See bad things as a part of the ebb and flow of life. Suffering is a part of the human condition” but it passes. All pain goes away, eventually. Meanwhile, don let it hold you back. Don dwell on bad things, but look forward towards something good in your future. And learn to take the bad things in stride, and learn from them. Bad things are actually opportunities to grow and learn and get stronger, in disguise.
7. You can do anything right.! Why can you be like ____ ?
Problem: This can be said to your child or your subordinate or your sibling. The problem? Comparing two people, first of all, is always a fallacy. People are different, with different ways of doing things, different strengths and weaknesses, different human characteristics. If we were all the same, wed be robots. Second, saying negative things like this to another person never helps the situation. It might make you feel better, and more powerful, but in truth, it hurts your relationship, it will actually make you feel negative, and it will certainly make the other person feel negative and more likely to continue negative behaviour. Everyone loses.
Solution: Take the mistakes or bad behaviour of others as an opportunity to teach. Show them how to do something. Second, praise them for their positive behaviour, and encourage their success. Last, and most important, love them for who they are, and celebrate their differences.
8. Your work sucks. It’s super lame. You are a moron and I hope you never reproduce.
Problem: I’ve actually gotten this comment before. It feels wonderful. However, lets look at it not from the perspective of the person receiving this kind of comment but from the perspective of the person giving it. How does saying something negative like this help you? I guess it might feel good to vent if you feel like your time has been wasted. But really, how much of your time has been wasted? A few minutes? And whose fault is that? The bloggers or yours? In truth, making negative comments just keeps you in a negative mindset. It’s also not a good way to make friends.
Solution: Learn to offer constructive solutions, first of all. Instead of telling someone their blog sucks, or that a post is lame, offer some specific suggestions for improvement. Help them get better. If you are going to take the time to make a comment, make it worth your time. Second, learn to interact with people in a more positive way” it makes others feel good and it makes you feel better about yourself. And you can make some great friends this way. That’s a good thing.
9. Insulting People Back
Problem: If someone insults you or angers you in some way, insulting them back and continuing your anger only transfer their problem to you. This person was probably having a bad day (or a bad year) and took it out on you for some reason. If you reciprocate, you are now having a bad day too. His problem has become yours. Not only that, but the cycle of insults can get worse and worse until it results in violence or other negative consequences” for both of you.
Solution: Let the insults or negative comments of others slide off you like Teflon. Don let their problem become yours. In fact, try to understand their problem more” why would someone say something like that? What problems are they going through? Having a little empathy for someone not only makes you understand that their comment is not about you, but it can make you feel and act in a positive manner towards them” and make you feel better about yourself in the process.
10. I don think I can do this” I don’t have enough discipline. May be some other time.
Problem: If you don think you can do something, you probably won. Especially for the big stuff. Discipline has nothing to do with it” motivation and focus has everything to do with it. And if you put stuff off for some other time, you’ll never get it done. Negative thinking like this inhibits us from accomplishing anything.
Solution: Turn your thinking around: you can do this! You don need discipline. Find ways to make yourself a success at your goal. If you fail, learn from your mistakes, and try again. Instead of putting a goal off for later, start now. And focus on one goal at a time, putting all of your energy into it, and getting as much help from others as you can. You can really move mountains if you start with positive thinking.
Friday, July 31, 2009
Power of positive talk – by former president of India, Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
I remember my dad teaching me the power of language at a very young age. Not only did my dad understand that specific words affect our mental pictures, but he understood words are a powerful programming factor in lifelong success.
One particularly interesting event occurred when I was eight. As a kid, I was always climbing trees, poles, and literally hanging around upside down from the rafters of our lake house. So, it came to no surprise for my dad to find me at the top of a 30-foot tree swinging back and forth. My little eight-year-old brain didn't realize the tree could break or I could get hurt. I just thought it was fun to be up so high.
My older cousin, Tammy, was also in the same tree. She was hanging on the first big limb, about ten feet below me. Tammy's mother also noticed us at the exact time my dad did. About that time a huge gust of wind came over the tree. I could hear the leaves start to rattle and the tree begin to sway. I remember my dad's voice over the wind yell, "Bart, Hold on tightly." So I did. The next thing I know, I heard Tammy screaming at the top of her lungs, laying flat on the ground. She had fallen out of the tree.
I scampered down the tree to safety. My dad later told me why she fell and I did not. Apparently, when Tammy's mother felt the gust of wind, she yelled out, "Tammy, don't fall!" And Tammy did. fall.
My dad then explained to me that the mind has a very difficult time processing a negative image. In fact, people who rely on internal pictures cannot see a negative at all. In order for Tammy to process the command of not falling, her nine-year-old brain had to first imagine falling, then try to tell the brain not to do what it just imagined. Whereas, my eight-year-old brain instantly had an internal image of me hanging on tightly.
This concept is especially useful when you are attempting to break a habit or set a goal. You can't visualize not doing something. The only way to properly visualize not doing something is to actually find a word for what you want to do and visualize that. For example, when I was thirteen years old, I played for my junior high school football team. I tried so hard to be good, but I just couldn't get it together at that age. I remember hearing the words run through my head as I was running out for a pass, "Don't drop it!" Naturally, I dropped the ball.
My coaches were not skilled enough to teach us proper "self-talk." They just thought some kids could catch and others couldn't. I'll never make it pro, but I'm now a pretty good Sunday afternoon football player, because all my internal dialogue is positive and encourages me to win. I wish my dad had coached me playing football instead of just climbing trees. I might have had a longer football career.
Here is a very easy demonstration to teach your kids and your friends the power of a toxic vocabulary. Ask them to hold a pen or pencil. Hand it to them. Now, follow my instructions carefully. Say to them, "Okay, try to drop the pencil." Observe what they do.
Most people release their hands and watch the pencil hit the floor. You respond, "You weren't paying attention. I said TRY to drop the pencil. Now please do it again." Most people then pick up the pencil and pretend to be in excruciating pain while their hand tries but fails to drop the pencil.
The point is made.
If you tell your brain you will "give it a try," you are actually telling your brain to fail. I have a "no try" rule in my house and with everyone I interact with. Either people will do it or they won't. Either they will be at the party or they won't. I'm brutal when people attempt to lie to me by using the word try. Do they think I don't know they are really telegraphing to the world they have no intention of doing it but they want me to give them brownie points for pretended effort? You will never hear the words "I'll try" come out of my mouth unless I'm teaching this concept in a seminar.
If you "try" and do something, your unconscious mind has permission not to succeed. If I truly can't make a decision I will tell the truth. "Sorry John. I'm not sure if I will be at your party or not. I've got an outstanding commitment. If that falls through, I will be here. Otherwise, I will not. Thanks for the invite."
People respect honesty. So remove the word "try" from your vocabulary.
My dad also told me that psychologists claim it takes seventeen positive statements to offset one negative statement. I have no idea if it is true, but the logic holds true. It might take up to seventeen compliments to offset the emotional damage of one harsh criticism.
These are concepts that are especially useful when raising children.
Ask yourself how many compliments you give yourself daily versus how many criticisms. Heck, I know you are talking to yourself all day long. We all have internal voices that give us direction.
So, are you giving yourself the 17:1 ratio or are you shortchanging yourself with toxic self-talk like, " I'm fat. Nobody will like me. I'll try this diet. I'm not good enough. I'm so stupid. I'm broke, etc. etc."
If our parents can set a lifetime of programming with one wrong statement, imagine the kind of programming you are doing on a daily basis with your own internal dialogue.
Here is a list of Toxic Vocabulary words.
Notice when you or other people use them.
· But: Negates any words that are stated before it.
· Try: Presupposes failure.
· If: Presupposes that you may not.
· Might: It does nothing definite. It leaves options for your listener..
· Would Have: Past tense that draws attention to things that didn't actually happen.
· Should Have: Past tense that draws attention to things that didn't actually happen (and implies guilt.)
· Could Have: Past tense that draws attention to things that didn't actually happen but the person tries to take credit as if it did happen.
· Can't/Don't: These words force the listener to focus on exactly the opposite of what you want. This is a classic mistake that parents and coaches make without knowing the damage of this linguistic error.
Toxic phrase: "Don't drop the ball!"
Likely result: Drops the ball
Better language: "Catch the ball!"
Toxic phrase: "You shouldn't watch so much television."
Likely result: Watches more television.
Better language: "I read too much television makes people stupid. You might find yourself turning that TV off and picking up one of those books more often!"
Take a moment to write down all the phrases you use on a daily basis or any Toxic self-talk that you have noticed yourself using. Write these phrases down so you will begin to catch yourself as they occur and change them.
May Be Not...
Every day, a small ant arrives at work very early and starts work immediately.She produces a lot and she was happy. The Chief, a lion, was surprised to see that the ant was working without supervision. He thought if the ant can produce so much without supervision, wouldn’t she produce even more if she had a supervisor!
So he recruited a cockroach who had extensive experience as supervisor and who was famous for writing excellent reports. The cockroach’s first decision was to set up a clocking in attendance system. He also needed a secretary to help him write and type his reports and …... he recruited a spider, who managed the archives and monitored all phone calls.
The lion was delighted with the cockroach's reports and asked him to produce graphs to describe production rates and to analyse trends, so that he could use them for presentations at
Board‘s meetings. So the cockroach had to buy a new computer and a laser printer and ...... recruited a fly to manage the IT department. The ant, who had once been so productive and relaxed, hated this new plethora of paperwork and meetings which used up most of her time…!The lion came to the conclusion that it was high time to nominate a person in charge of the department where the ant worked. The position was given to the cicada, whose first decision was to buy a carpet and an ergonomic chair for his office.
The new person in charge, the cicada, also needed a computer and a personal assistant ,who he brought from his previous department, to help him prepare a Work and Budget Control Strategic Optimisation Plan …
The Department where the ant works is now a sad place, where nobody laughs anymore and everybody has become upset...It was at that time that the cicada convinced the boss , the lion, of the absolute necessity to start a climatic study of the environment .
Having reviewed the charges for running the ant’s department , the lion found out that the production was much less than before.
So he recruited the owl , a prestigious and renowned consultant to carry out an audit and suggest solutions.
The owl spent three months in the department and came up with an enormous report , in several volumes,
that concluded :
“ The department is overstaffed ...”
Guess who the lion fires first?
The ant , of course, because she
“showed lack of motivation and had a negative attitude".
The characters in this fable are fictitious; any resemblance toreal people or facts within the Corporation is pure coincidence…
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
I was working on my LT. suddenly power went off and inverter-cum-UPS started. One of my colleagues came to me stating machine of one of the rooms were not working. I Went to the inverter area with him to see what is the issue. Could not find anything. I switched the inverter off and switched it on again. And…….. a big blast. Could not understand what had happened. My colleague pulled me outside from there and asked if there is anything in my eyes? I answered yes, there seems. He took me to the wash basin and cleaned my eyes. After this, I asked him what happened as that area was still full of smoke. He informed the battery has blasted.
Whoa!!! I could not understand. I went there again and saw what had happened. I could not believe my eyes. How did I survive. The battery cover was broken in pieces. Distill water (mild acid) of the battery had spread all over there. 12 battereies and 3 inverters were there. Electricity junction was there. God, I survived from a horrible accident. Can’t believe!! God must be with me at that moment. Gurudev’s blessings must have with me in the form of rosery.
We must believe God is with us. There must be HIS existence all around us.
Twitter - @arhamyuvagroup
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Received one more hoax email today. Why do people believe in this kind of chain emails in today’s high tech world!!! You are using email which itself is a sign of an educated person and still believing in such kind of chain emails!!
A simple search on internet gave me so many results mentioning it is a fake. Here is link to google search for this.
Sub: Please do it - Microsoft Paying you - Not Fake
Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates is sharing his fortune. If you ignore this you will repent later. Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test..
When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will track it (if you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two week time period.
For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245.00, for every person that you sent it to that forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third person that receives it, you will be paid $241.00. Within two week! s, Microsoft will contact you for your address and then send you a cheque.
This man was supposed to die in a short time and he was knowing the same, still, see his attitude while giving this lecture.
Doctor gave him 3 months and he lived around 3 years after that.
Friday, July 17, 2009
A student asks a teacher, "What is love?"
The teacher said, "in order to answer your question, go to the wheat field and choose the biggest wheat and come back.
But the rule is: you can go through them only once and cannot turn back to pick."
The student went to the field, go thru first row, he saw one big wheat, but he wonders....may be there is a bigger one later.
Then he saw another bigger one... But may be there is an even bigger one waiting for him.
Later, when he finished more than half of the wheat field, he start to realize that the wheat is not as big as the previous one he saw, he know he has missed the biggest one, and he regretted.
So, he ended up went back to the teacher with empty hand.
The teacher told him, "...this is love... You keep looking for a better one, but when later you realise, you have already miss the person...."
"What is marriage then?" the student asked.
The teacher said, "in order to answer your question, go to the corn field and choose the biggest corn and come back. But the rule is: you can go through them only once and cannot turn back to pick."
The student went to the corn field, this time he is careful not to repeat the previous mistake, when he reach the middle of the field, he has picked one medium corn that he feel satisfy, and come back to the teacher.
The teacher told him, "this time you bring back a corn.... You look for one that is just nice, and you have faith and believe this is the best one you get.... This is marriage.
Twitter - @arhamyuvagroup
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Jay Jinendra means "Praise to the Jinas*."
Just like we say, "Hi!!" or , "Hello!!" or, "Namaste", when we meet others, we should also greet them by saying, "Jai-Jinendra". This helps us in a lot of ways. We are honoring the virtuous**. It also tells others that you are Jain.
Every morning and before you go to bed, you should say, "Jai-Jinendra", with respect to your parents, sisters, brothers, and grandparents. You should say, "Jai-Jinendra", with respect to your guests. You should also say, "Jai-Jinendra", to your teachers, other students at Jain Pathshala***, and other Jains who you may see at the Jain Center or any other place. When you talk on the telephone greet your friends with "Jai Jinendra". In the picture, the boy is saying "Jai Jinendra" to his parents.
Remember always greet others by saying "Jai-Jinendra".
* someone who does not have any anger, ego, deceit and greed
** those who have freed themselves from the cycle of birth and death
Jai Jinendra, Jai Jinendra
Jai Jinendra, Jai Jinendra
A simple way to greet,
Every time you meet!
Jai Jinendra on the telephone,
Jai Jinendra even at home,
Jai Jinendra in school
Jai Jinendra to everyone.
Jains are followers of Jin. Jin means "the conqueror" - Conqueror of karma and passions. Jineshwar is the one for whom Indra and other deities have special devotion.
Jineshwar is the destroyer of inner enemies like anger, pride, deception and greed. Hence he is known as "Arihant".
Jineshwar is free from attachment and aversion. Hence he is known as "Vitarag".
Jineshwar is the founder of four-fold tirth (Sangh) hence he is known as "Tirthankar". Fourfold Sangh includes Sadhu, Sadhvi, Shravak and Shravika.
A saint asked his disciples, 'Why do we shout in anger?
Why do people shout at each other when they are upset?'
Disciples thought for a while, one of them said, 'Because we lose our calm, we shout for that.'
'But, why to shout when the other person is just next to you?' asked the saint.
'Isn't it possible to speak to him or her with a soft voice?
Why do you shout at a person when you're angry?'
Disciples gave some other answers but none satisfied the saint.
Finally he explained, 'When two people are angry at each other, their hearts distance a lot.
To cover that distance they must shout to be able to hear each other.
The angrier they are, the stronger they will have to shout to hear each other through that great distance.'
Then the saint asked, 'What happens when two people fall in love? They don't shout at each other but talk softly, why?
Because their hearts are very close. The distance between them is very small...'
The saint continued, 'When they love each other even more, what happens?
They do not speak, only whisper and they get even closer to each other in their love.
Finally they even need not whisper, they only look at each other and that's all.
That is how close two people are when they love each other.'
MORAL: When you argue do not let your hearts get distant, do not say words that distance each other
Monday, July 13, 2009
I was wondering how to post to the blog remotely. Searched google and found the way to do the same using different software available as freeware as well as paid. Was an easy task though, have to enable remote blog post from the wordpress admin.
I was about to start posting and a colleague of mine informed me I can do from microsoft word as well. Now this was a news for me. I was googling something and the same was with me.
Found the way >> in file there is an option called “Publish”. You can then select blog as the destination and enter your admin details. The simplest method to blog.
Thursday, July 09, 2009
This is hoax. Nothing true in it. Initially the email chain started in the year 2003 on the name of AOL and then myspace and now it is yahoo which is tracking J interesting huh?
Well, I would like everyone not to forward this kind of chain emails. This is pure wastage of human hours and internet bandwidth. There is no truth in this email or story.
DO NOT DELETE!!!!! YAHOO IS TRACKING THIS!!!!!!!! !!
A sister and her brother were inside a new Wal-Mart. The sister was eight years of age and the brother seventeen years of age. The brother was trying to buy a present for his little sister because her birthday was coming up. As they were about to leave, she had to go to the bathroom. Her brother showed her where the rest rooms were and he began looking at earrings he thought she might like for her birthday.
As he started to buy the earrings, he saw people running from the end of the store screaming and yelling with fear. In the next moment he smelled smoke and saw flames. He ran to his little sister as fast as he could but when he got to the bathrooms the fire was already blazing. He knew he had to leave to make sure help was coming... When the fire trucks arrived it was already too late.
They assured the family that there were no survivors. Two days later the family got a call from the hospital. They told them that they had someone there by the name of Sandy . They asked, 'How did you get this number?' The hospital replied that the little girl had a purse clutched in her little hand with a card that gave her name and number on it. The family drove to the hospital to see their little angel.
While they thanked God for her survival, they noticed her arms were burnt so severely they were both amputated and her face was burned and she needed surgery. The family didn't have any health insurance and very little money to cover the bill. This family needs our HELP!
NOTE: Every time someone forwards this story, YAHOO will donate $2.00 towards the hospital bill.
DO NOT DELETE! YAHOO IS TRACKING THIS!
Please forward this as 'Sad Wal-Mart Story'. God knows who you are.
Karma knows it could happen to you
$2.00 off the hospital bill, that is a lot for two seconds of your time'. God knows who you are.
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Wednesday, July 01, 2009
The old Carpenter
Your life today is the result of your attitudes and choices in the past. Your life tomorrow will be the result of your attitudes and choices today!
This is a story of an elderly carpenter who had been working for a contractor for many many years. He had built many beautiful houses but now as he was getting old, he wanted to retire and lead a leisurely life with his family. So, he goes to the contractor and tells him about his plan of retiring. The contractor feels sad at the prospect of losing a good worker but agrees to the plan because the carpenter had indeed become too fragile for the tough building work. But as a last request, he asks the old carpenter to construct just one last house.
The old man agrees and starts working but his heart was not in his work any more. He had lost the motivation towards work. So, he resorted to shoddy workmanship and constructed the house half-heartedly. After the house was built, the contractor handed over the front door keys to the carpenter and said, This is your new house. My gift to you. The carpenter was shocked and upset. Had he known that he was building his own house, he would have done a better job! Now, he would have to live in the house, which is not worth staying.
Think of yourself as the carpenter. You work hard every day but are you giving your best? We put our least to the work we don't like or do not have interest in. Later, we get shocked at the situation we have created for ourselves and try to figure out why we didn't do it differently.
Enjoy your tasks and carry on your responsibilities with pleasure and not with pain. Life is a do-it-yourself project. Do your job enthusiastically and with devotion, a positive output and a pleasing life will certainly be on your way.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
IT IS A RUMOR OVER THE INTERNET , THAT PUTTING YOUR PIN CODE IN REVERSE WILL CALL THE POLICE...........(FOR EXAMPLE IF YOUR PIN CODE IS "1245" , PUT IT AS "5421" )
THIS IS A SCAM , IT IS NOT TRUE , AND IT WILL NOT HELP YOU IN ANY WAY
Does entering your PIN number in reverse really summon the police?
The answer is no. We started seeing the email hoaxes on this topic this past September. NO SUCH SYSTEM HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED.
ITS JUST AN EMAIL HOAX
NEITHER ITS PRACTICAL , NOR IMPLEMENTED.
So, simply delete these email hoaxes and don't spread them to your friends.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
In his book, The Magic of Numbers, E. T. Bell (p. 87) tells that once Pythagoras saw a citizen beating his dog with a stick, whereupon the merciful philosopher shouted, "Stop beating that dog. In this howls of pain I recognize the voice of a friend?For such sin as you are committing he is now the dog of a harsh master. By the next turn the wheel of birth may make him the master and you the dog. May he be more merciful to you than you are to him. Only thus can he escape the wheel. In the name of Apollo, My father, stop or I shall be compelled to say on you the ten fold curse of the Teteractyas." This reveals the effect of Jainism.
Twitter - @arhamyuvagroup
Arham Yuva Group
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Caring for your true self without falling into trap whether you are doing good or bad by bringing another soul to human form ( because the other soul is indepentent of you and you cannot do any good or bad. Just let him/her be). Second best is never ever to encourage abortion as the poor soul looses one in a million chance to be born as human. I know one digember sadhu, who was eighth son of his parents. Had his parents aborted him, how much that child would have lost. The key is that you take care of only your true self. That will best for all 'others' too.
Monday, June 08, 2009
By integrating this platform on its Web site, ConnectReseller will leverage its ability to bring domain and hosting resellers together. It will allow them to quickly and easily run their business thereby saving valuable time and money which aptly goes with its punch line “Start your own Web Service Company in multiple countries in just 20 minutes”.
“There’s nothing like the thrill of going live with your very own, one of a kind reseller platform which is an outcome of a 2 year’s development. Architecture of Reseller Platform is in Distributed Model. Majority of the components are in distributed architecture and are connected through Internal Web Services,” says Ashish Shah, Founder, President & CEO, QuantumPages.
The platform is fully loaded with features vital to automized reselling. One of the most essential features of this architecture is that it allows creation of multiple independent customer and reseller Webshops (Online Store) with its own independent identity with the help of Multiple Webshops feature. Others features includes private labeled architecture, white labeled ICANN Accredited Registrar, multiple discounting options, automized reselling, easy product management and many more.
According to Ashish, “The sole goal of ConnectReseller is to provide world class services at industries lowest price thereby reducing customer acquisition costs and expand sales territory of the resellers. The plans and pricing have been chalked out in a manner so as to facilitate resellers in offering their customers a wide range of services, coupled with the best value for their dollar”.
With this move, QuantumPages has separated end customer business and reseller business. End customer business will be handled by QualiSpace.in and the reseller business will be handled by ConnectReseller.comThe site displays all of the services provided and allows resellers to compare the offerings in a comprehensive manner. This simplifies the selection process, providing convenience and removing hassle. For further details kindly visit http://www.connectreseller.com
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Following are the links which specifies the fraudulent nature of the emails. What’s more – there is no person or email id with firstname.lastname@example.org. Cannot understand why the people which are in IT field believe in this kind of chain emails and why can’t they just ignore them?
Monday, April 27, 2009
read more | digg story
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
read more | digg story
Thursday, April 09, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
read more | digg story
Sunday, March 08, 2009
Thursday, March 05, 2009
Sunday, March 01, 2009
read more | digg story
read more | digg story
Thursday, February 26, 2009
By Adrian Whittle
This article lists some of the major causes of stress in the workplace. It gives advice on how you can reduce stress at work and the right mindset to have to find solutions for these stressful situations.
Monday, February 23, 2009
read more | digg story
Friday, February 20, 2009
read more | digg story
read more | digg story
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Recently partnered with SmarterTools to provide software bundle of email server, tracking server for free of cost to the vps and dedicated server customers. More updates are available here at http://www.qualispace.com/corporate-info/News/smartertools_partnership.html.