A musical tribute to MJ by SRK.
Friday, August 28, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|Jeff Goldblum Will Be Missed|
Monday, August 10, 2009
Stress eats up your time and energy. It is must to you outcome of the stressed situation and concentrate on the healthy living. Here are some DO’s and Don’ts to avoid the stressful life.
1. Prepare for the morning the night before to avoid last minute confusion
2. Wake up 15 minutes earlier
3. Avoid relying on chemical aids
4. Avoid tight fitting clothes
5. Don't rely on your memory (even if it is strong) ... write it down
6. Set appointments well in advance
7. Make duplicate keys to make sure you do not need to stand outside waiting for the mechanic to break the lock.
8. Practice preventive maintenance
9. Set priorities in your life
10. Say "no" more often instead of getting failed
11. Avoid negative people
12. Use time wisely, it once gone, never comes back at any cost
13. Always make copies of important documents
14. Simplify meal times
15. Anticipate your needs
16. Repair anything that doesn't work properly
17. Break large tasks into bite size portions
18. Ask for help with the jobs you dislike
19. Look at problems as challenges and accept it with brave heart
20. Look at challenges differently
21. Unclutter your life
22. Smile, smile and smile
23. Be prepared for rain
24. Tickle a baby
25. No need to know all the answers
26. Pet a friendly dog/cat
27. Look for a silver lining
28. Say something nice to someone and listen back
29. Walk in the rain
30. Teach a kid to fly a kite
31. Schedule play time into every day
32. Take a bubble bath
33. Be aware of the decisions you make
34. Stop saying negative things to yourself
35. Believe in yourself - It's a must
36. Visualize yourself winning
37. Develop your sense of humor
38. Stop thinking tomorrow will be a better today
39. Have goals for yourself
40. Dance a jig
41. Say "hello" to a stranger
42. Ask a friend for a hug (Not at the time of swine flue)
43. Read a poem
44. Practice breathing slowly, it really works
45. Learn to whistle a tune
46. Look up at the stars
47. Listen to a symphony
48. Buy yourself a flower
49. Read a story curled up in bed
50. Do a brand new thing
51. Stop a bad habit
52. Watch a ballet
53. Put safety first
54. Find support from others
55. Ask someone to be your "vent-partner"
56. Do it today
57. Work at being cheerful and optimistic
58. Take time to smell the flowers
59. Do everything in moderation
60. Pay attention to your appearance
61. Strive for Excellence NOT perfection
62. Stretch your limits a little each day
63. Look at a work of art
64. Hum a jingle
65. Maintain your weight
66. Plant a tree
67. Feed the birds
68. Practice grace under pressure
69. Stand up and stretch
70. Always have a plan "B"
71. Learn a new doodle
72. Memorize a joke and say it to others at an appropriate time
73. Be responsible for your feelings
74. Learn to meet your own needs
75. Become a better listener
76. Know your limitations and let others know them too
77. Tell someone to have a good day in other language
78. Throw a paper airplane
79. Exercise every day
80. Take a different route to work, it is one of the saftey measures too
81. Get to work early
82. Clean out one closet
83. Play patty cake with a toddler
84. Go on a picnic and make sure you have kept all your worries at bay while in picnic
85. Learn the words to a new song
86. Leave work early (with permission - and only if the point no. 81 is fulfilled)
87. Put air freshener in your car
88.. Watch a movie and eat popcorn
89. Write a note to a far away friend
90. Go to a ball game and scream
91. Keep a journal
92. Recognize the importance of unconditional love
93. Remember that stress is an attitude
94. Cook a meal and eat it by candlelight
95. Practice a monster smile
96. Freely praise other people
97. Have a support network of people, places and things
98. Quit trying to fix other people
99. Get enough sleep
100. Talk less and listen more
101. Remember you always have options
You did what you knew how to do....
It wasn't right or wrong or good or bad. It just was.
But all you have got is today. You will not get it back.
To change yourself, look at what you fear and what you hate.
Start There. What is over is over.
If someone you love fails to return your love the way you would like it returned,
remember....that is the other person's choice.
It does not at all detract from your love. It could be opposit with that person. He may expecting your love in the other way
Grow what you want to grow in your own garden.
Get your nose out of everybody else's garden.
Get your own house in order, and stop focusing on everybody else's.
Whatever is going on inside of you is up to you.
You own it all. You created it. whether good or bad - It is all yours.
All that you need in order to have total happiness, fulfilment, and love in your life, you already have right now.
Whoever you are. Wherever you are.
You must not attempt to will anything. You need only be willing.
Everything you ever worried about.... turned out exactly as it was meant to;
despite your worries to the contrary.
Each of us has a well of infinite depth within us, which contains more potential for love & bliss than we can ever imagine.
No one can make you anxious.
No one can depress you.
No one can hurt your feelings.
No one can make you feel anything other than what you allow inside.
No one can make you feel inferior
With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself......or treat what has happened as a gift.
Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing.
You get to choose.
When you argue for your limitations, all you get are your limitations.
Friday, August 07, 2009
- Wash your hands prior to putting in each contact, then apply makeup
- Don't expose your eyes to water while wearing contacts
- Take out the lenses before you remove your makeup. Avoid greasy or oily makeup removers as they may build up on the contact lenses
- Avoid getting too close to the eye with any type of makeup
- Use makeup that is hypoallergenic to avoid sensitivity. Use only well known trusted brand names
- Use water soluble makeup
- Don't use waterproof mascara as it may permanently adhere to the lens. Also avoid mascara that contains volume building fibers
- Avoid eye shadow that is powder. Use only gel, liquid or cream. Never use eye shadow that is frosted or iridescent. These may contain oyster shells or mica.
- Do not use eyeliner that is directly drawn on the rim of the eye. Keep all eyeliner pencils sharp enough so the wood doesn't scratch the surface of the eye
- Use pressed powders
- Don't use hairspray or other aerosols if you have already put in your lenses. Allow all hairspray to settle before walking into a room that has just been sprayed. Many times hair products can irritate the eyes and they are more susceptible now to problems because you wear contacts.
- Keep all nail polish remover and perfumes away from your contacts.
- Never swap makeup application sponges or brushes with your friends and wash your application brushes frequently
- Don't put on make up if your eyes are already red or swollen, this will only irritate them more
- Beware of flaking mascara because pieces of nylon can reach the eye and never purchase mascara refills
- Never use saliva or water to thin cosmetics
- Never swap your contacts with your friends
- Never wear the contacts if they become cracked, chipped or torn
- You may want to use an eye wash to remove any excess oils from makeup residual? Replace your cosmetics every six months to avoid bacterial growth
- Never apply eye makeup while in a car or worse yet while driving
Thursday, August 06, 2009
Wednesday, August 05, 2009
Recently Indian government introduced nuclear submarine, INS Arihant, to the navy. This received mixed response from the Jain Community. ARIHANT is a sacred word for Jains and Jain religion is based on non-violence.
How can a weapon with the mass destruction capacity can be named as ARIHANT!!! This was the question raised by the part of community opposing naming ARIHANT to the submarine. The opposition was not a unanimous from the whole Jain Community. As others which were not opposing were having a different thought in their mind. They believe India is never known to be an attacker. But for self-defence, we always have to be well prepared and along with the time and technology. We can not just stay straight and watch someone come and destroy us. We need to be well prepared in our defence. And again naming on Arihant, did not mean insulting our religion. Why don’t we take it in another way?
Arihant, symbolic to non-violence. Then doesn’t a weapon named Arihant spread the message of self defence? It means, we will never attack unless and until we have to do it for our own defence. This is a good sign, so why to oppose?
I recently came to know an incident with Gandhiji. Here it is
Once GandhiJi was asked, "You preach non-violence, yet you carry a stick around with you - why so? GhandhiJi said, this stick keeps away the miscreants around me for as they know that this person can defend himself by the stick he carries."
This answer from a person who sticked to non-violence for whole of his life says something. May be an answer to those who are opposing.
I am not against non-violence. Even I am a follower of Ahimsa and Jain religion but opposition to something which has very less significance, does not make sense.
This is a Mail from a frustrated victim of chain mails:
I wanted to thank all my friends and family who have forwarded chain letters to me in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 and continuing it in 2009 also.
Because of your kindness:
* I stopped drinking Coca Cola after I found out that it's good for removing toilet stains.
* I stopped going to the movies for fear of sitting on a needle infected with AIDS.
* I smell like a wet dog since I stopped using deodorants because they cause cancer...
* I don't leave my car in the parking lot or any other place and sometimes. I even have to walk about 7 blocks for fear that someone will drug me with a perfume sample and try to rob me.
* I also stopped answering the phone for fear that they may ask me to dial a stupid number and then I get a phone bill with calls to Uganda, Singapore and Tokyo.
* I also stopped drinking anything out of a can for fear that I will get sick from the rat faeces and urine..
* When I go to parties, I don't look at any girl, no matter how hot she is, for fear that she will take me to a hotel, drug me, then take my kidneys and leave me taking a nap in a bathtub full of ice.
* I also donated all my savings to the Amy Bruce account. A sick girl that was about to die in the hospital about 7,000 times.. (Poor girl! she's been 7 since 1993...)
* Still open to help some from Bulgaria who wants to use my account to transfer his uncle's property of some hundred millions $.
* Made some Hundred wishes before forwarding those Ganesh , Tirupathi Balaji pics etc. Now most of those 'Wishes' are already married (to someone else)
If you do not send this e-mail to at least 11,246 people in the next 10 seconds, a bird will SH** on your head today at 6:10pm
A frustrated victim
Another article I found on net for positive thinking
The way to overcome negative thoughts and destructive emotions is to develop opposing, positive emotions that are stronger and more powerful. - Dalai Lama
Life could be so much better for many people, if they would just spot their negative thinking habits and replace them with positive ones.
Negative thinking, in all its many-splendored forms, has a way of creeping into conversations and our thinking without our noticing them. The key to success, in my humble opinion, is learning to spot these thoughts and squash them like little bugs. Then replace them with positive ones. You’ll notice a huge difference in everything you do.
Lets take a look at 10 common ways that negative thinking emerges” get good at spotting these patterns, and practice replacing them with positive thinking patterns. It has made all the difference in the world for me.
10 Deadly Sins of Negative Thinking
1. I will be happy once I have _____ (or once I earn X).
Problem: If you think you can be happy until you reach a certain point, or until you reach a certain income, or have a certain type of house or car or computer setup, youll never be happy. That elusive goal is always just out of reach. Once we reach those goals, we are not satisfied” we want more.
Solution: Learn to be happy with what you have, where you are, and who you are, right at this moment. Happiness doesn’t have to be some state that we want to get to eventually” it can be found right now. Learn to count your blessings, and see the positive in your situation. This might sound simplistic, but it works.
2. I wish I were as ____ as (a celebrity, friend, co-worker).
Problem: Well never be as pretty, as talented, as rich, as sculpted, as cool, as everyone else. There will always be someone better, if you look hard enough. Therefore, if we compare ourselves to others like this, we will always pale, and will always fail, and will always feel bad about ourselves. This is no way to be happy.
Solution: Stop comparing yourself to others, and look instead at yourself” what are your strengths, your accomplishments, your successes, however small? What do you love about yourself? Learn to love who you are, right now, not who you want to become. There is good in each of us, love in each of us, and a wonderful human spirit in every one of us.
3. Seeing others becoming successful makes me jealous and resentful.
Problem: First, this assumes that only a small number of people can be successful. In truth, many people can be successful in different ways.
Solution: Learn to admire the success of others, and learn from it, and be happy for them, by empathizing with them and understanding what it must be like to be them. And then turn away from them, and look at yourself” you can be successful too, in whatever you choose to do. And even more, you already are successful. Look not at those above you in the social ladder, but those below you” there are always millions of people worse off than you, people who couldn’t even read this article or afford a computer. In that light, you are a huge success.
4. I am a miserable failure” I can seem to do anything right.
Problem: Everyone is a failure, if you look at it in certain ways. Everyone has failed, many times, at different things. I have certainly failed so many times I cannot count them” and I continue to fail, daily. However, looking at your failures as failures only makes you feel bad about yourself. By thinking in this way, we will have a negative self-image and never move on from here.
Solution: See your successes and ignore your failures. Look back on your life, in the last month, or year, or 5 years. And try to remember your successes. If you have trouble with this, start documenting them” keep a success journal, either in a notebook or online. Document your success each day, or each week. When you look back at what youve accomplished, over a year, you will be amazed. It’s an incredibly positive feeling.
5. Im going to beat so-and-so no matter what” Im better than him. And theres no way Ill help him succeed” he might beat me.
Problem: Competitiveness assumes that there is a small amount of gold to be had, and I need to get it before he does. It makes us into greedy, back-stabbing, hurtful people. We try to claw our way over people to get to success, because of our competitive feelings. For example, if a blogger wants to have more subscribers than another blogger, he may never link to or mention that other blogger. However, who is to say that my subscribers can also be yours? People can read and subscribe to more than one blog.
Solution: Learn to see success as something that can be shared, and learn that if we help each other out, we can each have a better chance to be successful. Two people working towards a common goal are better than two people trying to beat each other up to get to that goal. There is more than enough success to go around. Learn to think in terms of abundance rather than scarcity.
6. Dammit! Why do these bad things always happen to me?
Problem: Bad things happen to everybody. If we dwell on them, they will frustrate us and bring us down.
Solution: See bad things as a part of the ebb and flow of life. Suffering is a part of the human condition” but it passes. All pain goes away, eventually. Meanwhile, don let it hold you back. Don dwell on bad things, but look forward towards something good in your future. And learn to take the bad things in stride, and learn from them. Bad things are actually opportunities to grow and learn and get stronger, in disguise.
7. You can do anything right.! Why can you be like ____ ?
Problem: This can be said to your child or your subordinate or your sibling. The problem? Comparing two people, first of all, is always a fallacy. People are different, with different ways of doing things, different strengths and weaknesses, different human characteristics. If we were all the same, wed be robots. Second, saying negative things like this to another person never helps the situation. It might make you feel better, and more powerful, but in truth, it hurts your relationship, it will actually make you feel negative, and it will certainly make the other person feel negative and more likely to continue negative behaviour. Everyone loses.
Solution: Take the mistakes or bad behaviour of others as an opportunity to teach. Show them how to do something. Second, praise them for their positive behaviour, and encourage their success. Last, and most important, love them for who they are, and celebrate their differences.
8. Your work sucks. It’s super lame. You are a moron and I hope you never reproduce.
Problem: I’ve actually gotten this comment before. It feels wonderful. However, lets look at it not from the perspective of the person receiving this kind of comment but from the perspective of the person giving it. How does saying something negative like this help you? I guess it might feel good to vent if you feel like your time has been wasted. But really, how much of your time has been wasted? A few minutes? And whose fault is that? The bloggers or yours? In truth, making negative comments just keeps you in a negative mindset. It’s also not a good way to make friends.
Solution: Learn to offer constructive solutions, first of all. Instead of telling someone their blog sucks, or that a post is lame, offer some specific suggestions for improvement. Help them get better. If you are going to take the time to make a comment, make it worth your time. Second, learn to interact with people in a more positive way” it makes others feel good and it makes you feel better about yourself. And you can make some great friends this way. That’s a good thing.
9. Insulting People Back
Problem: If someone insults you or angers you in some way, insulting them back and continuing your anger only transfer their problem to you. This person was probably having a bad day (or a bad year) and took it out on you for some reason. If you reciprocate, you are now having a bad day too. His problem has become yours. Not only that, but the cycle of insults can get worse and worse until it results in violence or other negative consequences” for both of you.
Solution: Let the insults or negative comments of others slide off you like Teflon. Don let their problem become yours. In fact, try to understand their problem more” why would someone say something like that? What problems are they going through? Having a little empathy for someone not only makes you understand that their comment is not about you, but it can make you feel and act in a positive manner towards them” and make you feel better about yourself in the process.
10. I don think I can do this” I don’t have enough discipline. May be some other time.
Problem: If you don think you can do something, you probably won. Especially for the big stuff. Discipline has nothing to do with it” motivation and focus has everything to do with it. And if you put stuff off for some other time, you’ll never get it done. Negative thinking like this inhibits us from accomplishing anything.
Solution: Turn your thinking around: you can do this! You don need discipline. Find ways to make yourself a success at your goal. If you fail, learn from your mistakes, and try again. Instead of putting a goal off for later, start now. And focus on one goal at a time, putting all of your energy into it, and getting as much help from others as you can. You can really move mountains if you start with positive thinking.